Queensland ~ September 2012

Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Saturday 1st September 2012

Another day of beautiful sunshine so again we sat outside. I did some knitting which I have sadly neglected in the last few weeks. I went on Skype for a little while, not too long as my voice has not completely returned, then we went over to Happy Hour.

Sunday 2nd September 2012

It was Father’s Day today so a few of us got together and had a lunchtime barbecue. It was a very pleasant and relaxing few hours.

Monday 3rd September 2012

After I did the chores Pete Mate and I walked into the village, the first time since being sick. It is not far but I still found it hard going so I need more practice. By this time next week I want to be back doing my early morning walks. Again it was lovely just to sit outside; I knitted whilst Pete Mate read.

Tuesday 4th September 2012

Today was pretty much a repeat of yesterday.

Wednesday 5th September 2012

We didn’t do very much today except read and knit. In the evening we went to the pub for tea and then played trivia. We didn’t do so well this week but we all agreed the questions were rubbish. I mean how many adults know all the characters in children’s television programmes?

Thursday 6th September 2012

We had another day of resting, reading and generally not doing much at all. It is taking us a long time to recover from this last bug we had.

Friday 7th September 2012

We are so fed up moping about the place we got ourselves ready and went for a drive. We drove to Byfield National Park which is quite pretty. We arrived at The Ferns Resort in time for lunch so we sat on the patio in very nice relaxed surroundings and enjoyed a delicious lunch accompanied by a drop of vino. We were entertained by a mob of wallabies that were very tame. All in all it was a very enjoyable afternoon. By the time we arrived home we were too late for happy hour.

Saturday 8th September 2012

I did some chores and then walked into the village to the library and the shops. Once home again we got ourselves ready and went to Rosslyn Bay Marina for morning tea. It is a lovely spot and we enjoyed some very nice cakes (low calorie, of course), with our drinks. We then had a wander through the marina where all the boats are moored. We saw some mighty fine boats and one we felt we should have; it was called Wine Time. On the way home we called in at the Bowling Club for a quick drink and to collect a bottle of wine for which I had a voucher.

Once home we sat outside reading until we were entertained by three chaps setting up our new neighbour’s satellite dish. There was a lot of huffing and puffing without any joy until one of them spotted the cables were in the wrong way round. Did I laugh? Yes, I am afraid I did. Once the cables were correctly placed they were in business and soon had the TV up and running.

Sunday 9th September 2012

We spent the afternoon in the village hall listening to some country music. Some of it wasn’t bad but some it was certainly not the best sound for our ears. We didn’t win the raffles but enjoyed a nice afternoon tea which was included in the admission price. It was a pleasant enough way to spend a Sunday.

Monday 10th September 2012

First thing this morning I attended the doctor’s surgery yet again. After waiting for an hour she tells me she thinks I have a problem with my thyroid so next week I am off to Yeppoon for a scan. Once out of there we went into Rocky to buy a shade to attach to the awning to make it more pleasant to sit outside. We also had a couple of other things to do and have lunch. We arrived home mid afternoon and both had to have a nap, it is taking a long time to get over this last bout of illness.

Tuesday 11th September 2012

Today is the day we erect the shade, I was so looking forward to it. I first walked into the village to the library and shop. Then after lunch we tried to put the shade up and I mean tried as it was not a success, mainly because it was too big. So in the end we decided to fold it all up and return it to the shop for the next size down. Yes, I was disappointed but agreed with Pete Mate that to have made do with it would have irritated us no end. So another trip to Rocky is on the cards.

Wednesday 12th September 2012

We enjoyed another glorious day here at Emu Park. I read, did some knitting and practised my Mah Jong game ready for tomorrow.

Thursday 13th September 2012

I enjoyed a lovely afternoon playing Mah Jong. Happy hour was a little different tonight because we had wine tasting. A couple staying in the park sell the wine so they let us all have a taste. It was rubbish, so I didn’t buy any. It was a nice evening, though.

Friday 14th September 2012

I went to Tai Chi first thing then we drove into Rocky to change the shade and to collect some clothes from the hospital. One of our neighbours has been in hospital having his gall bladder removed and when he was discharged he left some of his clothes behind. We had a bit of a tour of the hospital as at first they couldn’t find the clothes. A nice young security guard helped us and eventually they were found.

Next stop was the camping shop to change the shade. They wouldn’t give us our money back in full because we had ‘used’ it. They didn’t have a shade that we felt suitable but the nice young lady did find one for us at a caravan accessories shop. She gave directions and we left taking our original shade with us. We are going to use it as a floor mat, as we wanted a new one of those as well. We found the shop and another nice young lady had exactly what we wanted.

We then went to Dan Murphy’s for some more wine supplies and had some lunch at a nearby pub. We thought we had ordered the smallest thing on the menu, how wrong could we be? It was huge and we are going out for dinner tonight. Once home we had a rest before happy hour and then we went out with Gleness and Amos to the Bowling Club. Oh yes, Ernst & Bev came as well. Enough said about him. It was a lovely evening and Amos kept us entertained with stories from when he was a young man.

Saturday 15th September 2012

The new shade went up like a dream but then Pete Mate had to devise a way of securing it to the ground. The problem was the ground was rock hard but eventually he achieved it. We also laid the new floor mat and secured that. We then moved all the furniture back and sat down for a rest. Pete Mate went to Happy Hour on his own as I was on Skype with my family.

Sunday 16th September 2012

We had to get ourselves organised this morning as we had to be on a bus by 11.00am. Jim had organised a bus to take 18 of us to The Ferns Hideaway Resort for lunch. Marto, the owner, was also singing. We had the best time, the food was lovely, the wine was nice, the company was great and the singing was wonderful. Marto even sang The Streets of London for me. We arrived home in time for happy hour. It was a top day.

Monday 17th September 2012

We walked into the village to do a few things and have a coffee. In the evening we had a music night with finger food. It was a great night with some really good music; everyone who was there enjoyed themselves very much.

Tuesday 18th September 2012

There was one or two hangovers this morning but not in our caravan. We had to go into Yeppoon for my thyroid scan which went without a hitch, then to the shopping mall to do some boring grocery shopping. It was a funny day from the moment I got up; I spilt my porridge and then the milk. In one of the shops a lady asked me to help as she didn’t understand the word ‘pair’. She was buying curtains, so I explained to her what she would be buying, then in Woolworths I was reaching up for some rice when a lady asked me how to cook microwave rice. Errr - in the microwave, perhaps? I mean, it is called microwave rice! As I said it has been a funny old day.

Wednesday 19th September 2012

I went for an early morning walk, the first since I have been sick. It was beautiful as the day was still cool and looking out along the beach is restful. I did some chores and then walked into the village for a pedicure. My feet are once again beautiful. I spent the afternoon knitting, I have been searching for some size 11 needles to start a new project and my lovely neighbour, Di, saw some in an op shop and bought them for. So I changed over projects and started this new one. In the evening we went up to the pub for trivia night and we came second which we reckon was pretty good as there was only three in our team.

Thursday 20th September 2012

I enjoyed another walk this morning and then in the afternoon played Mah Jong. I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Friday 21st September 2012

I went to Tai Chi and did a little shopping also. Once home after doing one or two chores I continued with my knitting.

Saturday 22nd September 2012

Apart from my walk I did little else except knit and read.

Sunday 23rd September 2012

Pete Mate and I enjoyed a lovely lunch out at Coco’s. The food was really nice and the drop of red wasn’t bad. It was a very nice relaxing afternoon.

Monday 24th September 2012

We had to visit the doctor yet again for script renewal and to get my results. My thyroid has a problem but nothing major and I have to be retested in three months, so all is good. After the doctors we had to go in to Yeppon to see if we could get a part for Billy. Alas we were out of luck and returned home.

Tuesday 25th September 2012

We went into Rocky to see about Billy’s part. We spent sometime in the Mitsubishi place which resulted in us parting with lots of money and them promising to fix Billy at a later date. We then went to get some lunch and to buy some new shoes for me. Once home we had a rest before enjoying a very nice long happy hour with two other couples.

Wednesday 26th September 2012

Not a lot happened here today as the weather was appalling. I discovered I have made a huge mistake in my knitting and will now have to undo it. Not happy! No happy hours as it was wet and cold.

Thursday 27th September 2012

I played Mah Jong in the afternoon and enjoyed a very pleasant happy hour in the evening. Pete Mate was kept busy organising things for Saturday as at long last the equipment for the TV reception is going to be installed.

Friday 28th September 2012

I went to Tai Chi and then did some shopping before heading home and reading for the rest of the day. I haven’t managed to bring myself to unpick my knitting yet. Happy Hour was pretty good as we welcomed Jim and Sue back from their holidays. In the evening we went for dinner at the Kinka Kippa with Sue and Jim. The meal was nice but Wayne wasn’t singing which would have been nice.

Saturday 29th September 2012

The day has finally arrived when all Pete Mate’s hard work comes to fruition. The sun was shining and not a cloud could be seen which was a relief as rain had been forecast. Pete Mate was up and out by 7.00am and over where the work was all happening. He took plenty of photos as the day progressed and by early afternoon we had television in the park. It still needs some work doing to it but at least we have some sort of TV and can watch the news. Whilst all this was going on I went for a walk, did some chores and then read a while before picking up the knitting and correcting my mistake. Happy Hour was a mixture of celebrations and disappointment, some people were disappointed that we could not yet get channel 7 as the grand final of the AFL was being shown. All in all it was a pretty good day which finished for us by watching a full evening of the ABC.

Sunday 30th September 2012

I spent the day knitting and reading, Pete Mate spent his time doing some more research for the TV project. In the evening we enjoyed a very pleasant happy hour but at the end we had to say goodbye to our friends Noreen & Lionel who are leaving in the morning.