The Calm Before The Storm; The Mexicans Return ~ May 2016

In Order To Succeed We Must First Believe That We Can.

Sunday 1st May 2016

We said goodbye to Thelma and Barry and then later hello to BJ and Peter. This is the start of our playmates arriving 'home'. No walk today because we felt like a day off. I carried on with my cleaning and sorting in the morning and then in the afternoon read and did crosswords. Isn’t retirement wonderful? Happy hour was good, other people we know had arrived today - Ursula and Rod.

Monday 2nd May 2016

Pete Mate and I did our morning walk and are still rapt with the Memorial Boardwalk. We dropped some scripts at the pharmacy and called in at Degani’s for a coffee whilst we waited for them to be filled. PM has finally given in and bought some magnifying glasses to use when sitting at the computer; the rest of the time he is fine without. We were supposed to have a day without power because there is a problem in the park. The electricians worked for most of the day but luckily we didn’t lose power - it wasn't the weather to be without our air conditioner. I did some card-making in the afternoon and Pete Mate read a book. Happy hour was short for me because I came home to talk to my sister on Skype.

Tuesday 3rd May 2016

I had a good session with Rosie. I walked home full of energy and once there I tackled a few more jobs. In the afternoon I went with Sue to see the accountant. The meeting went as well as we thought it would. Later we enjoyed another very pleasant happy hour.

Wednesday 4th May 2016

I went into Rocky with Sue to help out with a business appointment. In the afternoon Iris came over for a cup of tea and then I went to do our weekly shop at IGA. Happy hour was once again very pleasant.

Thursday 5th May 2016

I enjoyed another good session with Rosie in the park. The session time has changed to 6:00 a.m. and now I am with some other people as well. They are a lot fitter than I am but Rosie alters the exercise to suit. It was good, I felt it a better work out.

After breakfast I went to card making. Today, friend BJ (Brenda Jean) joined us and she made some lovely cards.

After lunch we visited the house we are going to 'house sit' in September. That went very well and the house looks easy enough to look after. Then it was back to the park for happy hour and I went to bed as one exhausted lady.

Friday 6th May 2016

I went to Tai Chi for the first time this year and BJ also came along to that. The usual instructor is still unwell so one of the ladies who is very good at Tai Chi took the class. I found myself going in all directions but after a couple of weeks I should start to remember the moves and improve. BJ did well for a first attempt.

Once home it was a quick change and we were off to Rocky collecting Iris along the way. Our main reason for going was to collect our new Canon cameras. Iris wanted some things from Spotlight and we discovered a card-making shop which delighted both Iris and I. Pete Mate waited in the car. It was a very good day.

Once home I sewed the buttons onto two little jackets which I had finished over a week ago. I kept forgetting to do it. I completed the button sewing and then hopped in the car and took them to the Post Office. They are for a friend’s daughter who has just had twin boys. Later, after happy hour, we walked up to the Bowling Club for tea with one or two others from the caravan park and Sue and Barbara joined us. It was very pleasant evening.

Saturday 7th May 2016

We went for our usual walk and on the way back, bought some raffle tickets in the village. In Emu Park we don’t have the cappuccino strip we have the raffle strip! Once home it was a major washing and cleaning day. The inside of the caravan is at last looking decent. Happy Hour was good.

Sunday 8th May 2016

Mother’s Day. We walked into the village for a leisurely breakfast and then walked it off by doing our usual morning walk. I took my new camera and was amazed at how light and powerful it is. I was taking photos of the islands when I saw a ship in the distance. It was not visible to the naked eye and was a little misty. Once home we did very little; I read a stack of trashy magazines which I had picked up from outside the office. That will do me for another 12 months. What rubbish some of these magazines print. Happy Hour was very pleasant and quite long.

Monday 9th May 2016

We did our usual walk and had our usual cuppa at Degani’s. We both spent the day on our computers, I am not sure what Pete Mate was doing but I was doing the bookwork for Sue. Tonight’s happy hour was very, very long as it was Susan and Rod’s last night before they move on. They are a really nice couple and we look forward to seeing them again in September.

Tuesday 10th May 2016

I enjoyed a good exercise session with Rosie. Once home I did a few daily chores and then finished off the bookwork for Sue. In the afternoon I did some knitting and reading. Happy Hour was good and thankfully not as long.

Wednesday 11th May 2016

I went over to Iris’s for coffee and then later did the weekly shop in the village. In the afternoon I did some card making until it was time for happy hour.

Thursday 12th May 2016

A very busy day for me. I had my session with Rosie which has now been turned up a notch. My poor body!

After breakfast BJ and I walked up to the CWA - no official card making today as Thelma was in hospital. We took some of our own things to do. Iris was there as well. Later I had a quick lunch at home and then set off for the RSL where I played Mah Jong all afternoon. I was home in time for happy hour and was just getting ready when I received a phone call from friend Roger. He wanted to know why we weren’t at happy hour. As he wasn’t due to arrive until tomorrow I thought it a little odd but all was revealed, he had arrived a day early because his son, Noddy, did all the driving and drove huge distances for three days. Oh to be young and fit. Happy hour was very very long and two people who live in this caravan were very squiffy indeed.

Friday 13th May 2016

I awoke this morning feel a little under the weather but had no time to feel sorry for myself. I was at Tai Chi by 8.30am, I walked up with BJ. My session was short because Sue picked me up and we went into Yeppoon to another business meeting. We also had Barbara and her friend Shirley in the car, they were dropped off at the shopping centre whilst we attended to business. It all went well even though I had three flights of stairs to climb! After the meeting we went for morning tea and then Sue drove back along the coast road to show Shirley the scenery.

I had a couple of hours at home where I did some more card making and then I went to the beauty parlour to have a manicure. I am very happy with the results and when I went to pay I found out that Sue had got there first and had paid as a thank you for helping her out.

I was home in time for happy hour where I cooked slices of black pudding on the barbecue. I know it sounds odd but I had some in the freezer and was talking about it one night at happy hour and Dougie said he hadn’t had any since a holiday in Ireland years ago. Once my cooking duties were done I went home to get ready to go up to the Bowling Club for dinner. I was the driver tonight as I was having an AFD. I collect Pete Mate, Roger and Noddy from the barbecue area, I am not used to driving at night with my new eyes and missed the turning for the club. Never mind though, I turned around and eventually found it. It was a good night at the club. Our table won three of the raffle prizes and a good night was had by all. On the way home I did a detour up to the memorial to show Noddy how it was lit up at night.

Saturday 14th May 2016

I was up and out early today because BJ and I went to collect from fresh prawns. This lady sells them from the back of a trailer once a fortnight. We arrived just after 7.00am and there was a queue already. I arrived home to find Pete Mate ready to leave for Rocky with Roger and Noddy. Noddy was flying home to Victoria. I did a few things and then took Iris’s prawns to her, had a quick coffee and then went to the shops. After lunch I walked up to the RSL for a fund raiser for Ovarian Cancer research. It was a fun afternoon with a fashion show, afternoon tea, entertainment and raffles. I won one of the raffles which was a knitted blanket. Once home I relaxed before happy hour, which was very pleasant. We ate some of the yummy prawns for dinner.

Sunday 15th May 2016

Pete Mate and I went for breakfast at Degani’s and then we did our usual walk. The rest of the day was taken up with our usual activities of reading, knitting and computing. In the evening we had a barbecue thanks to Sue winning the meat tray on Friday night at the bowling club. Pete Mate and Roger cooked the meat and did a very good job of it. It was a very pleasant evening.

Monday 16th May 2016

We went for our walk followed by our usual cuppa at Degani’s. The rest of the day was pretty much like any other normal day here at Emu Park. Sue and I had a meeting with her accountant to finalise things. Happy hour turned into dinner. Lorna and Dougie came down to the park for happy hour and brought Sue a frittata for her dinner. Sue decided she would share it with Lorna, Dougie, Roger, Pete Mate and myself. It was a very pleasant evening and the frittata was yummy.

Tuesday 17th May 2016

I went for my session in the park with Rosie. It went well and I do feel I am getting some level of fitness back. I did some cooking for the freezer. Roger came over for a coffee. I then spent a lot of time finalising the itinery for our trip into the outback when my sister and her husband arrive.

Wednesday 18th May 2016

We went into Yeppoon for my appointment with the physio and to do some shopping. That all went well and we were home in time for lunch. I spent the afternoon on the phone booking accommodation and tours. Happy hour was very pleasant.

Thursday 19th May 2016

My session in the park with Rosie was good we even did some boxing. When I got home I had enough time to do a few things before heading off to CWA for card making. I enjoyed making five cards and am thrilled that next week we are starting on Christmas cards. I had a quick lunch and then I was off again to the RSL to play Mah Jong. I was pleased with my result as I had the top score on our table. Happy hour was once again very pleasant.

Friday 20th May 2016

BJ and I went to Tai Chi and then to a morning tea at the library in aid of the Cancer Fund. Pete Mate and Roger went into Rocky early to do a favour for Sue. They then went to Yeppoon to buy a few things for themselves but also to source some items to decorate a hat for me. Next Saturday’s morning tea at the CWA has a theme of hats. In the evening we went to the Bowling Club for tea. It was a very pleasant evening.

Saturday 21st May 2016

Pete Mate and I went for our walk and then called in at Degani’s. Once home I did a few things before settling down with a book. Pete Mate has a new project repairing and painting a sign in the car park. In the afternoon we went to visit Albert at the nursing home. He was looking well but not quite the same. Happy hour was good.

Sunday 22nd May 2016

The day was pretty ordinary doing ordinary things. We didn’t even go for a walk.

Monday 23rd May 2016

I looked after the office for Sue for a little while whilst she had a council meeting. Later I read and knitted before going over to happy hour.

Tuesday 24th May 2016

My session in the park with Rosie was good though I did feel a little light headed. Once home I did the ironing and few mundane tasks. Iris came over for coffee and then later I went to do some shopping. The rest of the day flew by and no, I cannot remember what we did.

Wednesday 25th May 2016

Monika and Eckert arrived around lunchtime just before we headed out to Zilzie to see the care plan nurse. We both have two free appointment left for this year. The paperwork was completed and a lot of laughter took place. Happy hour was good.

Thursday 26th May 2016

I had my session with Rosie in the park but wasn’t feeling the best, I felt like I was getting a cold or something. It didn’t stop me going to card making at the CWA and winning the fruit and veg raffle or going to Mah Jong and winning two prizes there in their raffle. Pete Mate and Roger went into Rocky for something or other but also they did some shopping for Sue. Happy hour was very pleasant, especially because Suzanne and Leigh arrived. They are staying in their unit in the village but walked over for Happy Hour. It was good to see them.

Friday 27th May 2016

BJ and I went to Tai Chi which went well. Later I had a cup of tea with Sue. I then went home and cleaned up the inside of the caravan as we had ‘stuff’ everywhere. Cathy and Phil arrived around lunchtime, it is so good to have all our winter playmates arriving. In the afternoon I had a good nanny nap before getting ready to go to the Bowling Club for tea. I won the meat tray in the raffle so we will be having a barbecue in the park.

Saturday 28th May 2016

Pete Mate and Roger went off early to get the prawns. I went with other ladies from the park to the CWA Biggest Morning Tea and I won eight raffle prizes, all things I can use. When I arrived home just before lunch Pete Mate was nowhere to be seen, nor were the prawns. He was gallivanting in Yeppoon with Roger and our prawns were in Roger’s Engle (portable fridge cum freezer). I walked up to the Bowling Club with some of the ladies for an afternoon tea and fashion parade then later we enjoyed a very nice happy hour. It was a very good day.

Sunday 29th May 2016

I had organised a bus trip out to Ferns. The bus collected us at 11.00am, we were a small group but did we have fun! It was a great day and everyone enjoyed themselves very much. Especially Pete Mate who by the end of the day had a few problems walking – his legs were wobbly.

Monday 30th May 2016

Pete Mate woke up feeling good, which surprised me no end. I worked on the Bell Park accounts for most of the day. Phillip and Amelia called in with a pumpkin and to ask us to house sit for a few days at the end of June. It was a very busy day but I achieved a lot so felt tired but good.

Happy hour turned into a barbeque to use the meat tray I won at the Bowling Club. Everyone brought something to add to it and it was a really good night. Pete Mate and Roger did the cooking and a superb job they did. On these occasions there is always too much food so we invite anyone who has wandered up for happy hour. This particular night there was a chap called Rex on his own so of course he was invited and by all accounts enjoyed himself.

Tuesday 31st May 2016

I did my session with Rosie in the park and have aggravated the pulled muscle so I will be taking a rest from Rosie until it heals properly. The day went well until Sue came over and said, Rex has bought meat for everyone to have another barbecue. Panic stations as we had not planned to have another barbecue so soon. Everyone pulled together and a barbecue of sorts happened and a good time was had by all. Rex said we all made him feel very welcome and he wanted to return the compliment.

So Ends May 2016

Page Top

Next Page

Previous Page

Index Page