Back in routine in Emu Park ~ May 2017

There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth:
Not going all the way and not starting.    Buddha

Monday 1st May 2017

Today was a public holiday so we took the day off and read and knitted.

Tuesday 2nd May 2017

Our main event of the day was our appointment with our care nurse. She arranges our annual free five visits for the medical service(s) of our choice. We both chose the podiatrist. Nurse Leah is very chatty and we spent most of the time looking at shoes on the internet and photos of her grandchildren. Once we escaped Nurse Leah we did some shopping in the village before heading home for a late lunch.

Wednesday 3rd May 2017

I did a few things in the morning and then in the afternoon I went to Jill’s for a cup of tea and a chat. We enjoyed a lovely time together.

Thursday 4th May 2017

I went to card-making in the morning and made five cards; once again I was very pleased with just one of them. Then in the afternoon I played Mah Jong. I scored really high (for me) and felt very pleased as I hadn’t played since last October. The drawback is they have changed the chairs and tables at the RSL. The tables are smaller and the chairs are very uncomfortable.

Friday 5th May 2017

I made the mistake of thinking I could do Tai Chi. By the time the session had finished I was in a lot of pain with my dodgy knees. I then had a couple of things to do in the village and by the time I got home, walking was agony. I rested for the rest of the day and eventually, with the help of painkillers, the pain subsided.

Saturday 6th May 2017

I woke up feeling much better today. We both had dentist appointments. I had a broken filling and needed a clean and Pete Mate had a cracked tooth and also needed a clean. I went in first and was in the chair for an hour. It was not the most pleasant experience in my life. Pete Mate seemed to be very quick but his long session will happen next week when he has his tooth capped.

We left there in search of food as it was way past lunchtime. As it was Saturday afternoon a few places had closed for the day. We found a food outlet and had a mediocre sandwich and a much needed drink. Once home I spent a little time with Sue going through all the events I am organising this year. Before we knew it was time for happy hour. We met a new couple and said goodbye to Rod and Ursula.

Sunday 7th May 2017

We enjoyed a very pleasant day in Paradise.

Monday 8th May 2017

We had a big day out in Rocky, shopping. Pete Mate said he wanted to buy me a red dress as I mentioned one evening I had always wanted one. We went into a few dress shops before arriving at Noni B, my favourite shop. I tried on quite a few dresses, the assistant was lovely and Pete Mate did an amazing job of being the runner and zipper upper. He was in and out of the dressing room taking dresses back to the assistant who would appear with more. I discovered my rotund figure is not suited to a dress. I got dressed and was ready to give up when we started all over again with a skirt and tops. Success! I walked out of there with some clothes I really like and felt good in.

We visited Williams Shoes another of my favourite shops. I love going to shops where the assistants listen to what you want and try to accommodate you. We both bought sandals, Pete Mate’s old ones gave up the ghost and I wanted an extra pair. We visited a few other shops and somewhere in the middle had lunch. What a day we had; we were exhausted. Before we left Rocky we visited Mitsubishi and booked Billy in for a service and a new part. Once home it was time for happy hour.

Tuesday 9th May 2017

I had my appointment with Dr Pretorius today. He checked my hip and was happy with that and then we talked about new knees. The outcome of that is I have one knee done on 17th July and the second one done three months later. After we left there we picked up one or two things from Coles and had a cuppa at the café. Happy Hour happened inside our caravan with Sue as the weather was very wet and windy outside.

Wednesday 10th May 2017

I had a cup of tea with friend Trish this morning. She had a bad fall in a supermarket but is recovering well. In the afternoon I knitted again, staying inside away from the cold and the rain. By the time happy hour arrived, the rain had stopped but it was still cold so the jacket came out from under the bed for the first time this year.

Thursday 11th May 2017

I went to card-making at the CWA this morning and was happy with what I made. However, I developed a tummy bug whilst there and came home for a lie down.

Friday 12th May 2017

Tummy bug all sorted today and feeling much better. Pete Mate went off to the dentist for his long appointment to prepare for a crown. I cleaned. Sue came over and we had a cup of tea. After lunch Pete Mate sorted out the awning so we could finally have the shade up. It is so much better to sit outside. Happy Hour was very pleasant with a new couple joining us. They had only booked in for one night but like the place so much they are now staying five nights. That seems to be the trend here at the park right now.

Saturday 13th May 2017

In the morning I had a quick trip into the village to do some shopping. In the afternoon I went up to the RSL for the afternoon tea and fashion show. Sue originally was coming as well but had to work in the office so she gave me some money to buy raffle tickets. I sat with friend Jill and Sue - a visitor from Tasmania. Sue and I initially thought we hadn’t met before but by the end of the afternoon we realised we did know each other and have many mutual friends.

The fashion show was really good and it was a very pleasant afternoon. Sue (caravan park manager) won a bottle of wine and I won nothing. Once home I gave Sue her prize and she promptly gave it back to me for Pete Mate as a gift for doing the web site. So we three drank it at happy hour. Happy Hour is getting a bit busier now with new couples joining us.

Sunday 14th May 2017

Mother’s Day. Sue and I did a quick visit to the village hall to check out the Well Being Exhibition. It was not overly interesting and we were soon home. Pete Mate and I then drove out to Ferns for lunch and the music. As always it was an excellent afternoon made very special by the lovely welcome we received from Marto and Genevieve. Happy Hour was very pleasant with some more new people joining us.

Page Top

Next Page

Previous Page

Index Page