Our travelling days are over ~ February 2018

I have found that if you love life, life will love you back

Thursday 1st February 2018

It was CWA as usual in the morning and then in the afternoon I played Mah Jong at the RSL. All in all, a very good day.

Friday 2nd February 2018

I went to Tai Chi in the morning, it was really good to catch up with the ladies. Pete Mate and I then went into Yeppoon to do a few things. In the evening we went to the Bowls Club for dinner. We enjoyed the meal and the company but the entertainment was dreadful. Someone really should tell that woman she cannot sing.

Saturday 3rd February 2018

It poured with rain which was so good to see, plus it is now a lot cooler.

Sunday 4th February 2018

We enjoyed more rain and cooler temperatures.

Monday 5th February 2018

The rain has cleared and the heat has returned. I had a mammoth wash day.

Tuesday 6th February 2018

I had to drop something into the doctor’s early. I got in the car and it was as dead as a door nail. Andrew came over with his car and gave us a jump start. I went into the doctor’s whilst Pete Mate kept the car running. We then drove into Yeppoon to get a new battery. What a performance that was. The young chap dressed himself up in glasses, apron and gloves then took three quarters of an hour to change the battery.

Wednesday 7th February 2018

We took Iris into Rocky, she wanted her ears pierced. We also visited the card making shop, had a good browse around that shop and others then had a spot of lunch before heading home.

Thursday 8th February 2018

I went to CWA in the morning for card making. No Mah Jong today because the RSL was being used for a wake.

Friday 9th February 2018

I went to Tai Chi but had to come home as I was unwell. We had eaten pork chops the night before and sometimes pork can upset my stomach. I had a good lie down and then got ready to go to the doctors. These days I seem to see more of my doctor than I do of my friends. I now have to go for a scan of my bladder.

We decided to have our happy hour at the Waterline Restaurant which was a very pleasant and a cool relief from the heat. We then went to the Kinka Kippa for a fish and chip tea. Very enjoyable.

Saturday 10th February 2018

I did my usual Saturday early morning shop then after breakfast I cleaned the caravan so well it nearly fell over in shock. I was looking for my caravan door key. I didn’t find it.

Sunday 11th February 2018

We enjoyed a lovely lunch out at the Waterline Restaurant. The music supplied by a young man was so depressing we were glad when he finished. The temperature was perfect on their shaded, outdoor deck.

Monday 12th February 2018

It was the CWA monthly meeting. I was determined not to accept any jobs. I came away with three. I am now the keyholder of the hall and will take any bookings. I am the liaison person between Mah Jong people and CWA for the Mah Jong Festival. I also said I would be a marshal for the triathlon but I retracted that as I still cannot stand for long, plus I cannot walk on the sand.

I looked in the hall for my lost caravan key but did not find it. I then went to the library to see if I had left it there, but no. Next stop was the newsagent and yes!!! it was there. I had dropped it in the car park and some kind gentleman had handed it in. Phew!

Tuesday 13th February 2018

I went for my scan today; I had to drink gallons of water beforehand. When I got there the radiologist said I hadn’t drunk enough so I had to sit in the waiting room and drink some more. Eventually I had the scan and thankfully I could then go to the toilet.

Wednesday 14th February 2018

I was just about to leave the caravan to have a cuppa with Iris when the doctor’s surgery rang to say our GP wanted to see me today. It was a little unsettling to be recalled so quickly. When I got there all she wanted was to tell me the scan was clear and for the next three days I have to pee in a bottle for testing. Afterwards we called in to see our little house and check on the builder's progress. It is coming along nicely.

House 1
As We First Saw 'Our' House in Early January.

House 2
Two Weeks Later.

House 3
After a Further Two Weeks.

House 4
Half Way Through February.

Thursday 15th February 2018

It is so hot I think I will melt. CWA was really hot and card making was not the pleasurable pastime it usually is. Mah Jong, however, was very pleasant because the RSL has air-conditioning.

Friday 16th February 2018

I went to Tai Chi; again it was so hot. Afterwards I went up to the RSL to play Hoy. I won a box of biscuits, some tissues, a packet of rice and two chocolates. In the evening we went to the Bowling Club for dinner. We sat outside which was pleasant, temperature-wise but the mossies were terrible. We were entertained by some spectacular lightning but sadly no rain.

Saturday 17th February 2018

It is time to put the website and my journal to bed. We have enjoyed thirteen fabulous years travelling this wonderful country of ours and now we plan to put down roots again as Pete Mate has entered his fourth quarter century. We have chosen Emu Park because, having roamed north, south, east and west, this little village always pulled us back; we love it here.

Over the years we experienced things of which we had only previosly dreamed. To see Uluru at sunrise and sunset was so special. Free-fall parachuting onto Mission Beach from 14,000 feet was exciting. Riding the horizontal falls in W.A. was terrifying . . . and so much more.

Along the way we met many lovely people; many have remained good friends and we treasure their friendship and hope it continues.

So, with no regrets at all . . .

Page Top

Next Page

Previous Page

Index Page